Carrot Peanut Noodle Salad
Carrot-Peanut Noodle Salad
From: EatingWell Magazine
This crunchy salad is made with spiralized carrots instead of noodles. Make sure to use unrefined peanut oil, which is way more flavorful than its refined counterpart and is one of the trio of peanutty ingredients that makes this simple salad stand out. Look for it with other specialty oils or in the Asian section of your grocery store.
Ingredients 4 servings
- 1 pound carrots, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unrefined peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as mint, basil and/or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped salted roasted peanuts
Preparation: Active 15 min. Ready in 15 min.
- Using a vegetable peeler or spiralizer, cut carrots lengthwise into long thin strands or strips.
- Whisk oil, peanut butter, lime juice, tamari and water in a large bowl. Add the carrots and gently toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with herbs and peanuts.
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Per serving: 165 calories; 12 g fat(2 g sat); 3 g fiber; 13 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 30 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 16,937 IU vitamin A; 7 mg vitamin C; 42 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 287 mg sodium; 391 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (339% daily value)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
- Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 1/ 2 fat